Thursday, January 31, 2013

L’Oréal Volumnious Mascara in Carbon Black Review and TP Roll Painting

Pin #1
My mom came up recently for a visit and we had this exchange (more or less).  <Tweak!> Mom, "Sorry, I just had to see if they we're real!"  "Yeah, mom, they're real."  We were talking about my eyelashes.  There's a big trend right now for wearing fake ones, but they're not for me.

I have really long eyelashes, like, I have to cut them to wear sunglasses and can't hold my head in certain positions while applying mascara.  But they're blonde so without mascara you can't really see them.  I have tried many, many brands of mascara and I am a brand snob - I admit it.

In my My Style pinboard a pin had come up, 10 Best Drugstore Makeup Buys that are Better than Department Stores, and in the list was L’Oréal Volumnious Mascara in Carbon Black, and I was intrigued - I hadn't tried this one before.

I made sure to open my eyes very wide to reach the very base inside my eyelid.  I find this mascara easy to apply and the wand worked well.  One coat for daytime or softer look, two for drama.  With any black mascara, make sure to get the corners and use the very last on the wand to get the inside wispy lashes.

Please be kind, I couldn't take a photo of myself with my phone camera while looking straight ahead.

one eye with, one eye without
****After using this for a month, I find that when I use more than 2 coats it clumps off, I'm going to try MAC Zoom mascara and then TooFaced mascara if the MAC doesn't work out!****

Pin #2
With a baby and a three year old, our lives revolve around nap time and feeding schedules.  Activities in our home need to be ever changing and easily child-directed.  Enter Family and Kid Activities pinboard, with many friendly and quick activities.  Today's activity, painting!  Hobby Lobby had a great sale on acrylic paint and brushes and Target's lovely dollar bins had no spill paint cups.  So the three year old had a blast using her new brushes, but I introduced one new thing, Toilet Paper Roll painting.  I bent the roll into a heart shape for upcoming Valentine's Day.  It was a success!  



No comments:

Post a Comment