Tuesday, January 8, 2013

5 Different Scarves

First, this is the finished Chocolate Cherry Bread from the last post that I gave away, I used Baked Goods Gift Tags pin from my Fonts and Printables pinboard.

It's been rather cold out and after a while I got really bored with my traditional hastily thrown on scarf, most days I avoided them because they get in the way, they looked sloppy, or the baby could constrict me with them.  I needed to find some new ways of tying a scarf to feel warm and put together.  Today's pin is one I wore and it was fabulous!

This scarf tying pattern is called Four-in-Hand, it lays flat, the baby couldn't constrict me when she pulled on the ends, and it looks chic. I used a 1 1/2 foot wide fringed scarf for it, but any rectangle scarf will do.

Another tying pattern is called Knot-Row, I used a textured thin rectangle scarf and one hint I would give is to start the knots above your bosom, that way you don't draw negative attention.  The knots will be more noticeable in a non-textured scarf.  Notice my photo bomb?
This is the simple and classic Slip-Knot, you use it for the basic step in many tying styles - like the Four-in-Hand.  I used a pashmina which is a wide fringed rectangle scarf.  The baby can still manage mischief with this one!
For this Neck Tie Knot, I wore a lovely thicker rectangle scarf my sister brought me from New York.  This tying style was difficult with square scarves.  It stays put and doesn't constrict, plus this tying style isn't bulky.
This was my most challenging style, the Muffler ll, aka the Fluffy Cowboy.  A square scarf is best, but I used what I had and was able to fold up my long rectangle scarf just fine.  Very bulky and messy looking.

That's it!  5 different scarves, one for each day of the work week to look stylish and chic.  Scarves are a great accessory because some, like a pashmina, can be worn year round.  You stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment