Friday, January 25, 2013

DIY Cake Stand

From my For the Home pinboard I wanted to recreate this Cake Stand, but one shorter, so it wouldn't be so top heavy:
I wanted something that would match no matter what the decor in my kitchen is, something that could be used for food or as the other photo depics,  for soap and scrubbing tools.  After a trip to my local Savers for a .99 plate and IKEA for a .49 candlestick holder I was ready to go!
After my quick Crisco and blowdryer trick to remove the sticker label:
I used the E 6000 epoxy because it is clear when it dries.
I turned the plate upside down, the applied a thick amount of glue to the narrow end of the candlestick. I pressed the candlestick on the plate for over 1 minute, then let it air dry for about 30 minutes.
And voila!  The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment