Saturday, January 12, 2013

Epsom Salt Bath Soak

"Me time" doesn't really work for SAHMs very often, at least it doesn't for me.  So when I can carve out a few minutes for myself I really try to pamper myself or do something super fun and girly.  This pin fit right in with my "me time" requirements: Epsom Salt Bath Soak.  I thought Epsom Salts were just for old ladies and feet soaking, or crafts, but I learned that they have real value in many aspects of your home life: gardening, beauty regimes, medical aid, outdoor pest control, mood lifting for depression, and that's just a few!  This soak was quick, I had all the stuff in my house, and when I need to get more it's very cost friendly.

For your Epsom Salt Bath Soak, first: fill your bathtub with hot water.  Second: add 2 Cups Epsom Salts to the water and dissolve, the plain ol' salts are what you want, you don't need the fancy salts that already have scents or added oils.  Third: add 1/2 Cup of skin care oil, this can be baby oil, mineral oil, coconut oil, or even olive oil (I did baby oil).  Fourth: add a few drops of essential oils - I used doTerra Wild Orange oil for it's relaxing properties, I was quite pleased that I smelled more of the Wild Orange and not the baby oil.  Now soak for at least 12 minutes without using any soap, apparently it interferes with the Epsom salt working properly.  You're supposed to rest or take it easy for 2 hours after your soak to give everything time to have the maximum effect.  If you're not a bath taker, you can just do a foot soak with the same recipe.

I'm thinking that this could be a fabulous homemade gift, I could put it in little mason jars with a cute tag, or in a basket with other homemade beauty products, hmm.  I need to convert the recipe down to foot soak in a portable tub size, hmm.  Yes, definately.


No comments:

Post a Comment