Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Roasted Red Potatoes and Homemade Teething Biscuits, but not mixed together!

I did two pins from my New Recipes to Try pinboard and both were a hit!

Roasted Red Potatoes, I did have to substitute dried herbs, but the flavors were so yummy!  Parsley, garlic, rosemary, and lemon blended so well together.  Try this and make your potatoes nice and thin so they get crispy.  I will be adding this recipe into my cookbook!

The second recipe I tried was Homemade Teething Biscuits.  At the grocery store I couldn't find anything other than toddler biscuits and was a bit discouraged.  My baby just popped out tooth number seven, so we needed something!  This was easy enough, but I recommend mixing all the ingredients by hand not with a mixer or spoon.  Using the cinnamon and mashed banana really smelled nice.  I tried one, my three year old tried one, and the baby tried one.  Of the three taste testers the baby was the only one with a complaint, she couldn't take a bite!  It took her a minute to realize that she would have to work at the biscuit to get a piece and when she did, we heard her food cry of glee! I like that they don't crumble and the baby has to work to eat them, plus they freeze so I don't have to worry about them getting wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment