Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bird Day at the Aviary and Home

Today's pins came from my Family and Kid Activities pinboard.  Since I used several pins, I will not link each individual one.

The babies and I went to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City, during winter months Wednesdays are $1 entrance fee so we bundled up, loaded up on snacks and lunch, packed the stroller, and HAD A BLAST!  Even with the snow and construction work, we saw every bird on display except the flamingoes!  The three-year old kept wanting to see more, feed the ducks more, and stay longer.  Baby just happily watched, ate lunch, and passed out in the stroller.  It was a very nice trip for mommy too, outside with sunshine, kids happy and learning, and I heard a birds' mating song that sounded like R2D2!  Just remember to enter Liberty Park  by the 900 S. entrance and plan on staying for hours.

When we got home we made a bird feeder, played with bird stickers, and pretended to be birds for a few hours.  I was "momma Swan" and said "ko-hoh!", while the three-year old was "a geese" going "honk!", and the baby was supposed to be a duck, but she didn't cooperate with the sounds.

I'd like to go again and be able to take some pictures this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment