Saturday, January 5, 2013

Green Onions in a Bottle

My pin comes from my pin board For the Home, I had a bunch of green onions that I inherited and I needed to find a way to keep them until I made a recipe that called for them.  Tada! Frozen Green Onions in Water Bottle Shaker!
I can now freeze them and just shake them out as I need them!  I was skeptical at first, but I followed the pin back to the original blog Lunch in a Box.net and they have been using these frozen green onions in everything!  So I chopped up my bunch of green onions, they made up a little over 1/2 cup, and I used a piece of paper rolled into a funnel to get them into the bottle.  I read up that they will last about 6 months this way, but I plan to use them sooner!

1 comment:

  1. In October, Scott and I froze green peppers and basil, too. Both have fared well. I am excited to try the green onions!

    Love you, sweetie.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete