Sunday, January 20, 2013

Using orange Vinegar Cleaner

Two weeks ago I made up a batch of Orange Vinegar, after curing it it was ready to be used!  Using my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard I followed the instructions on how to make Natural Orange Vinegar Cleaner.  Using a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water I filled a washed out old 409 spray bottle and tested it out on the countertop and kiddie table.  I'm not going to lie, it smells like vinegar.  Some blogs said to add Essential Oils to help with the smell, but I didn't have any and I'm trying to go green in more than one way:).  My family has members sensitive to the smell of vinegar, so I'll just use my bottle of cleaner during the day when he's at work.  The overall cost of my Orange Vinegar Cleaner: $.10!  Haha!  Vinegar disinfects and of course, is food safe which is important when used in the kitchen with children.  I even had some leftover!  Maybe I'll try it in a recipe.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen - I just started using plain ol' vinegar, but I put about 5 drops of tea-tree oil in the spray bottle, and it smells and "feels" very fresh indeed. Still has a vinegar smell, but the tea-tree seems cleansing enough that it doesn't bother me much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura,
      I'm still figuring out what "recipe" of vinegar cleaner to stick with, I've tried the tea tree oil, but it got negative smell reviews from the mister. I'm really hoping for a nice citrus scent and being able to not have to use my pricey EOs. I really like the tea tree oil in facial steams when congested, it has some clearing power!

      Delete