Saturday, January 26, 2013

Red Lips

Red lips, that's right I'm talking #FF0000 baby.  Or as some of you may know as rgb(255,0,0).  Yeah it's late and my husband cracks me up.

My Style Pinboard is the inspiration for tonight's date night make-up:  clear and fresh face, with dark top eyeliner and, you guessed it, red lips.  Here are a few good pin links: Top Four Reds and 6 Rules of Wearing Red.  The first as a few go to reds and how to wear them for formal or special occasions and the second is a wonderful guide to apply and wear reds.

I have to say, that for lipstick, especially for dark bold colors, brands matter.  My top two brands for lipsticks would be MAC and Nars, they stick to your lips, aren't waxy, and they are opaque.  My red lipstick is MAC Brave Red.  It's a Cremesheen, meaning it has a soft sheen, not a high gloss.  I picked this one because it makes me feel sassy, in a retro pin-up way, makes my teeth look white, and it doesn't wipe off on my teeth!


No comments:

Post a Comment