Saturday, January 19, 2013

Uses of Coconut Oil: Face, Part 2 - Serious Eye Cream

As I mentioned before in my previous post, coconut oil has wonderful skincare properties.  My pin today is Serious Eye Cream.  It's made with coconut oil and Vitamin E oil - that's it!  Here's how I did it: first I washed out an old McCormick spice jar (whole cloves, the pop top had a nice big opening), I ran hot water over my bottle of coconut oil until it had enough melted to fill the jar, then, using a toothpick I popped 4 Vitamin E capsules, and stirred it up!  The final product will need to solidify before use, either in a cool dark place or your fridge.  This had rave reviews, so here it goes!
Assemble ingredients and tools


Pour melted coconut oil into container
Squeeze out the Vitamin E oil, then stir
The finished product will need to solidify

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin!

    I'm your dad's cousin Trisha Gordon Cooper. LuAnn and I were born on the same day! Rachelle and I are facebook friends and she posted your new blog so I thought I'd check it out:) I love it and will definitely check back! I just pinned this same pin on my pinterest board a week ago and am totally intrigued. I even bought the same Coconut Oil as you! I've been doing more research and decided to use avocado oil instead of vitamin E. I'm older and am looking for something to help more with wrinkles. Avocado oil is also rich with vitamin E. I also discovered that Coconut oil is either refined or unrefined. Here is a link explaining the difference: http://www.livestrong.com/article/318185-refined-vs-unrefined-coconut-oil/

    It's nice to meet you and great blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trisha! Thanks for checking me out! It's always nice to meet fun family members:) I'll have to Facebook you. Let me know about you're experience with the Avocado oil, I am intrigued. When my batch of eye cream is gone I'll want to make another and if you have good success, I'll try avocado oil too! Where did you find yours?

      Delete