Friday, January 18, 2013

Uses of Coconut Oil: Face, Part 1: Exfoliating Face Wash

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to go more green or homemade when possible, and I have been doing a lot of research and pinning about DIY beauty and skincare using coconut oil.  The article from Dr. Joseph Mercola in The Huffington Post was very helpful in pinpointing with documentation the benefits of coconut oil as an ingredient, medical supplement, and skincare treatment. I had to get on this!  So I'm going to try several ways of incorporating coconut oil in my home.  Today, it's in my skincare regime.


From my pinboard Homemade or Natural Remedies I made Coconut Oil Exfoliating Face Wash.  It was super quick, easy, cheap, and Wow!  My face feels great right now!  Using a small amount of coconut oil and baking soda I made a paste in the palm of my hand and used it in a circular motion all over my neck and face.  When I no longer could feel the oil and only could feel the "gritty" baking soda, I rinsed my face and patted it dry.  The coconut oil quickly absorbed into my face and feels so soft!  Not greasy, and no, I do not smell like coconut!  In fact, I was a little disappointed that the coconut oil doesn't have a scent really.  I'm following the pin, using this exfoliating wash every few days and in between just using coconut oil.  After one week I'll compare my overall skin quality and decide if I'll keep it up, but I am really liking this feeling right now!  I don't feel the need to put on my Pond's skin cream!
Just use a small amount, the size of a dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment