Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Balsamic Roast Beef

My pin came from my New Recipes to Try pinboard, and it was a hit!  Balsamic Roast Beef was delicious and so very, very easy to prepare.  I loved it, step 1: put your roast in the crock pot, and step 2: mix all ingredients and dump on top of roast.  Haha!  No chopping, peeling, or anything requiring more than 5 seconds - perfect for my day today.  And the best part, my three year old asked for some and quote,"Oh, yum that's good.  More please"!!!!!  My picky little eater, my wouldn't eat chicken nuggets for almost 2 years, my cries when I have to try one bite, my kid liked this roast!
I wanted to try this recipe because it claimed to be perfect for french dip roast beef sandwiches the next day and the Mister loves him some french dip - so that's tomorrow!

PS - I want to thank my dear friend Laura, who ran out into the freezing snow and met me on the street to swap me balsamic vinegar for cumin so I could make dinner tonight while my car is at the shop!

3 comments:

  1. I am not a huge beef fan, but I'm willing to give this a try. I also want to try it as a French Dip (although I like to add grilled onions and dairy-free cheese on my dips as well).

    Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Kristin, you ended up running through the freezing snow - I just met you at my driveway!

    I LOVE this recipe, as did my husband. We are making it again tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete