Monday, January 28, 2013

Dr. Oz Teeth Whitening


My pins come from my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard, I tried the Dr. Oz Teeth Whitening, which inadvertenly led to me using Baking Soda for Cleaning my bathroom sink!  The Dr. Oz teeth whitening mixes fresh lemon juice and baking soda into a paste, which you apply and leave on your teeth for a minute, then brush with toothpaste as usual.  This pin had some comments from other pinners stating two main concerns: that the acid in the lemon juice was harmful, and the baking soda too abrasive to be safe. Okay people, let's be smart here!  1: there is more acid in your diet soda, lemonade, and consumed fruits, like tomatoes and oranges, than the amount that makes it onto your tooth's enamel.  And 2: baking soda is used in commercial toothpaste already!  Look!
Whitening strips make my teeth sensitive so I wanted to try an alternative.  This was extremely messy and did not taste pleasant!  I end up using my toothbrush to apply the whitening paste because a cotton ball and q-tip didn't cut it.  I couldn't tell an immediate difference, but I'll give it a week to see any improvement.  Use what falls in the sink to scour and clean!
Before
After

***1 week later...

I see no noticeable difference in my teeth, bummer!  My dentist told me when I last went that I had the highest color of "natural white" for fillings, so maybe if you have some surface stains, or drink dark beverages, this could work for you.  I will probably try another pin, hopeful one that works and doesn't cost so much!  I went through way too much baking soda!


***Follow my next attempt at teeth whitening!  DIY: Wedding Day White Teeth!***

4 comments:

  1. Everyone wants a whiter brighter smile. Due to age, smoking or caffeine, teeth can end up stained and yellow looking..www.dentistryredefined.com/services/teeth-whitening.html Teeth Whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure performed to improve the appearance of your smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When trying to lose weight, it may be wise to consider using a weight loss or food diary. This will assist in keeping track of what you eat and that way you can look back at where you went wrong.

    Teeth Whitening Cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have good and straight teeth , the dentist really did the great work for you . So im gonna make my appointment in this week to dentist in kuala lumpur. Cant wait to see the result

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teeth whitening in Barnegat, NJ includes all technical dental treatments for the patients. You can get the effective ways to treat the teeth issues.

    ReplyDelete