Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wreath of the Month - Deco Mesh

With this year I'm doing a Wreath of the Month - my door will be festive!  Haha!  My pin today comes from my Wreaths board, How to make a Deco Mesh Wreath!  I've always wanted to try making one, and I already had the supplies on hand.  I made a two colored mesh wreath, but it would be easier with just one color.  After I finished with the mesh I added wired ribbon for an accent, 4" deco ribbon is preferred, but this was on hand.
 You will need one deco mesh ribbon, found in the floral section of a craft store (ps: Hobby Lobby has the best sale price on these, $4-5!), a wire hanger (or a pre-made wreath form), and floral wire (my girlfriend used bag twist ties in substitution).
Each deco mesh ribbon can make two wreaths, so either find a buddy, or use a color that can be multi-seasonal.  My colors I thought could work for Winter and then, add a hot neon accent color for Summer.  My supplies cost me $12 total, but since the deco mesh makes two wreaths, and the floral wire can be used multiple times, and I had the accent ribbon and wire hanger on hand, I estimate my wreath cost me $5.  With only one color you're looking at as low as $2.50.  Not too shabby!


Steps:
  1. Bend your wire hanger into a circle, leave the hook.
  2. Cut floral wire into 12 - 4" pieces.
  3. Take mesh, leaving a 2-3" tail, and attach to top of circle with floral wire.  Just bunch mesh down and twist wire like you're closing a bread bag.
  4. Once attached, measure out about 8-12" of mesh and then attach down with another wire.  
  5. That's it, scrunch and bunch all the way around, like a clock.
  6. To finish off, twist the final scrunch and bunch loop in the same wire piece you started with.  Fluff your loops and re-arrange as you see fit.
  7. To add an accent ribbon, just use the same wire ties and twist the accent ribbon on top of the mesh.
  8. When finished, go around and tuck in all the wire tails.


Step 1

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 7

Finished!





1 comment:

  1. Let's have a Pinterest craft night. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete