Monday, January 7, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread

Pin for the day, Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread! I needed to make a treat for when I go visiting my friend tomorrow and I had a bunch of brown bananas in my freezer, making it the perfect opportunity to try a new Pinterest recipe.  It was pretty quick to make and smelled great.  I did alter two things from the original instructions: I did NOT use maraschino cherries, and I used two mini bread pans in place of a regular sized one.  Smaller loaves of bread are a cuter present and now that I know how maraschino cherries are made - I will not buy them!  Bleached fruit, then artificially colored and flavored, it's too gross!  I used instead my home canned cherries which are, of course, fabulous, and I feel much better knowing what they were treated with while on the tree, I picked them, and I know what sweeter is in that jar!  I love my cherries, they turned out swell in this bread.
I will be doing a lot of canning this summer and will post my produce sources and recipes, my pie cherries will be included.  

I really liked the Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread, but the Mister gave it a two-star rating.  He also is not a fan of chocolate chips in banana bread, or pumpkin bread, or zucchini bread.  You can see all the added ingredients in this shot.  
I'll wrap it up cute an give it away tomorrow!

Make it yourself and let me know your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment