Sunday, January 6, 2013

Making Orange Vinegar

My toddler helped me today on my pin from my pinboard Homemade or Natural Remedies.  We made Orange Vinegar!  The peels from any citrus fruit, we used oranges, goes into a quart sized mason jar until full (two large navel or five medium) and then fill with plain old white vinegar.  Let sit for two weeks, I wrote the date on my label to remind myself when it's cured and ready, then it's perfect for cleaning!  No icky smell, no icky harsh chemicals!  I am so excited to try this out in two weeks, the natural essential oils from the peels will add a wonderful smell and cleaning power; I wonder if you can only do this with citrus?  Or can I do things like rosemary, or lavender?  Must research more.

The label and band were used on my earlier post "Making a Memory Jar", they, and many other mason jar labels, can be found on my pinboard Fonts and Printables.

No comments:

Post a Comment