Friday, January 4, 2013

How to Cut a Pomegranate

My pin today is How to Cut a Pomegranate.  I love pomegranates, I love the juice and how tart it is.  Growing up i could just pick them for free from a few wild trees in the neighborhood, it wasn't until college in another state that I realized how expensive they are!  A good pomegranate price is around .75 on sale, but I've seen them priced at $3.00 - so buy in season and follow the pin I used to figure out how to successfully get the seeds!

Pomegranate seeds are great in Greek yogurt with honey and nuts.  Pomegranate juice makes a powerful antioxidant drink, and it makes wonderful pomegranate jelly!  Hopefully this summer I will be canning some.

I followed the pin How to Cut a Pomegranate from my pin board "For the Home" so I won't post up all my step by step photos, but it worked so well and so quickly!  I will definitely be using this method in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment