Tuesday, January 22, 2013

6 Spa Waters and a Tri-fold MS Word Template

Tonight was my Relief Society Women's church activity night.  I was in charge of spa waters for refreshments and sharing some tips and tricks for the new year.  I used 7 pins!

First, the tips and tricks for the new year I shared were printed on this Free tri-fold wedding program template.  It took some work to find a tri-fold that was free and prebuilt.  For this one all I did was delete the wedding text and add my stuff - very easy and straightforward.

The spa waters were fun to look into.  A spa water is just a name for a fruit, vegetable, or herb infused water like those served in nice spa retreats as part of the beauty and health treatments.  Each water has different claims, such as antioxidant, metabolism boosting, natural pain relief, Vitamin C boost, detox cleansing, etc.  I just picked the ones that sounded tasty, as an alternate to drinking juice, or soda, or any other diet drinks with calories.  I couldn't transport 6 large pitchers of spa waters in my car, so I made a concentrate version in wide mouth quart canning jars.  It worked to be 2-3 smaller serving pitchers at the church for each recipe.

To make a spa water concentrate: prepare fruit and put in jars, then fill with filtered water, seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours.  To serve, combine concentrate with full water amount called for, and distribute into ice filled smaller serving pitchers.

For my 6 spa waters, I used from my Spa Waters pinboardApple CinnamonLayered CitrusGinger MangoPomegranate Blueberry BlissCucumber Lemon Medley, and an altered form of Agua Mojito. I asked for feedback from the ladies about which water they preferred.  Overall, Pomegranate Blueberry Bliss and Agua Mojito were the winners.  Mint, for the Agua Mojito, was non-existant at the grocery store and the recipe from my pinboard was a single glass serving anyway, so I altered the recipe and served up Kristin's Agua Mojito.  I have to say, I'm glad the ladies liked my created recipe!


Kristin's Agua Mojito
1 Tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
4-5 lime slices

Combine all in an airtight container, fill with filtered water, close container and shake to incorporate honey.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours.  Fill large pitcher with ice, pour concentrate over ice, and then fill remaining space with filtered water.


*Will post a picture of spa waters in canning jar concentrate form when I get the photo from my friend's iPad!*

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it when a Pinterest idea is needed for church activities, it's a lot of fun!

      Delete