Sunday, March 3, 2013

DIY: Wedding Day White Teeth

I tried Dr. Oz teeth whitening to no avail, and while my teeth look nice, I want them whiter!  So I'm trying another pin from my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard - Wedding Day White Teeth.  It had a ton of re-pins and the ingredients and procedure looked user-friendly.
Use:
1 tsp. hydrogen peroxide
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix into:
a normal dab of toothpaste
and combine with:
1/2 tsp. water

Brush teeth for 2 minutes, once a week until desired color is achieved.  After desired color is achieved limit whitening to 1-2 times monthly.

It was runny at first, but then got foamy and a tad messy.  The taste was a little bit better than Dr. Oz's recipe, but was way salty and it did burn a smidge, especially on my chin!  I'll keep doing this and hopefully will have a positive result in time for my birthday!

Photo on left is my teeth after Dr. Oz, photo on right is after today's recipe.

**I have to figure out a better way to take pictures of my teeth, these look weird - sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I have drink a lot of coffee and it’s hard to keep my teeth from staining… I wish I would’ve seen this first because I think I tried 1,000 things before I finally found something that worked for me. If you’re interested in trying out what worked for me you can get the instructions here: www.weartostandout.com/blog/how-to-whiten-your-teeth and tell me what you think! xoxo, WearToStandOut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your teeth look so white! My wedding is coming up, and I want to have really white teeth for my special day. I hadn't thought of using hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda! I have both of those things lying around the house, so I will be sure to give that a try.

    http://www.drmlandy.com/Cosmetic_Dentistry_Washington_DC.html

    ReplyDelete