Thursday, March 14, 2013

Open-Ended Painting

 From my Family and Kid Activities pinboard came the idea for Open-Ended Painting - it's on like 6 pins, so I'm listing my board rather than each individual pin.  The point of the activity is to have fun, and the purpose of "open-ended" is to put the focus on the process not the product of the activity.

I bought a lovely roll of art paper from IKEA, unrolled it and had a variety of sponges, paints, and brushes for my girlie and her buddy to use during their playdate.  They spent over an hour painting various surfaces and had a blast (except for when the buddy got painted)!  I also had a washing station and required them to wipe down before entering on the carpet, but that ended up as an extension of their painting, so I carried them in and used the kitchen sink to clean them up.

We used tempura paint I got at Hobby Lobby, and while it wasn't "washable" I mixed in Dawn dish soap and haven't had any laundry or wall paint issues that I couldn't handle.






No comments:

Post a Comment