Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baked Potatoes and a Lemonade Bar

I rarely make baked potatoes, we are mashed people in our home, but for church I was asked to bake a dozen potatoes for a dinner party. "Sure", I respond while thinking, 'How do I do it again?'.  3 Ways to a Baked Potato was a nice refresher:

  1. Bake a naked potato at 425 for 40-60 minutes for crispy skin.
  2. Wrap potato in foil, then bake at 425 for 40-60 minutes.  Will have a soft skin and stay warm.
  3. Rub oil on potato and nuke in microwave on high for 5 minutes, flip and nuke another 3-5 minutes.  If it's still hard, continue for another minute or until it splits.  Super soft skin.


For my Lemonade bar, I made cutesy labels using a new font from my Fonts and Printables pinboard.  From 15 Free Fonts I used "Strawberry Limeade" and loved it!  Very fun font!



For my lemonade, I used just plain ol' CountryTime powdered lemonade and let it sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours to dissolve and get rid of any icky taste.  My New Recipes to Try pinboard has many fruity lemonade recipes.  What I did was use frozen fruit (it's not yet Spring) and simple syrup (water and sugar boiled) pulverized in a Ninja blender - which was AWESOME!  Guests layered their own beverages with ice, fruit syrup, then lemonade and used paper straws to stir!

No comments:

Post a Comment