Friday, March 22, 2013

Thursday, March 21 - Grapefruit Mint Vinegar Cleaner

I've switched to household cleaners and now orange vinegar cleaners in my kitchen.  My first bottle just ran out and I was so excited to use another scent recipe for vinegar cleaners!  4 Vinegar Cleaner Recipes has some great ideas on how to minimize the 'vinegar' scent in vinegar cleaners.  I made "Grapefruit Mint" and it is a much more mild 'vinegar' scent.

Whenever my family eats citrus, I put the rind in a mason jar with a plastic screw on lid.  When the jar is full, fill with white vinegar and let it sit for at least 2 weeks, I may or may not add spices to add scent.  I pour it into an old 409 bottle and if there's still room after the vinegar (just the vinegar, no rinds) I fill with water to top it off.  I use it quite liberally around my kitchen and the bottle lasts 2-3 months.  Each bottle costs roughly $0.10, and I'm looking to switch vinegar cleaners for other household cleaners, like this and my Homemade Shower and Tub Spray.

Vinegar cleaners don't have to be so icky smelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment