Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Homemade Shower and Tub Spray & 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #6 Washing Wool

Both of my pins came from my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard.

My Homemade Shower and Tub Spray was desperately needed after my using coconut oil as shaving cream, I had scrubbed my tub for an eternity to get it livable again and I vowed never to waste that much time and cleaner again!  Now, after each shower or bath the Mister and I do a quick spritz of this cleaner and leave it on until the next person uses the tub and they rinse it off while adjusting to the right water temperature.  It is so nice!  I've been doing this for a week already and haven't needed to scrub the tub yet!  Yahoo!
Almost time to make more!

Homemade Shower and Tub Spray

Equal parts BLUE Dawn dish soap and White Vinegar

Heat the vinegar, then add the Dawn, and swirl to mix.

To use daily:
Spritz down light layer over tub, tub walls, and doors/curtain.  Rinse off with next shower!

To use for weekly scrub:
Spray over everything, let sit 1-2 hours and then wipe off with damp towel.

*** You can heat vinegar in microwave, or like a baby bottle, in a container of hot water.  Vinegar must be heated to incorporate the Dawn dish soap!***

I've been going strong on my 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses, and today I used it for washing wool.  For wool articles I've used Woolite then laid them flat to dry, it's worked so far, but Woolite is kind of pricey and I'm out of it, so I decided to give a go!



This is the lovely antique sweater that was lovingly made for my dad.
It needed to be cleaned for baby girl #2.  This is how I washed it:




1.  Fill clean bathroom sink with cool water and a dash of soap.
2.  Gently hand wash, don't twist.
3.  Rinse until cool water.  I rinsed until no color remained.
4.  On a laid out towel, lay flat clothing re-shaped.
5.  Roll up like a jelly roll, and press out excess water.
6.  Lay flat to dry on a dry towel.


































No comments:

Post a Comment