Saturday, February 9, 2013

18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #1 Laundry Soap

I use castile soap in bar form in the shower and I really like it, but I thought that that's all there was to it.  Boy, was I wrong!  Pinterest is definitely for the thrifty, crafty, or bored, because while looking up pins for my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard I kept coming across this need for liquid castile soap in all sorts of  house cleaning and beauty up-keeping in true granola style; my searching lead me to think that this was the one-cure-all like coconut oil.  Turns out, they're related.

So after comparing 5 brands via the internet, I pinned Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap as the winner.  The label is just a mess, but  when comparing brands this one was the real deal - especially with the unscented baby formula, this was the ONLY brand that actually was unscented!  I could read in the labels from other companies where fragrance was added!  Plus, this company has a great website and user fan base filled with great ways to use this soap.

The label claims 18 uses, so I am going to find and try 18 different uses.  So today was use #1, laundry soap.  I found a couple different recipes and instructions on Pinterest for using liquid castile as laundry soap, but I went with the instructions on the actual company website: 1/4 C. soap and a dash of baking soda.  I tried it out on towels, because I figured that if anything went wrong they were the least likely to get ruined.  I poured the soap and soda directly on top of my load, not in my h.e. washing machine detergent slot, and ran it.  My towels turned out very nice and soft, as if I had put in fabric softener, which I never do.  The Mister and I tested them, both for hand drying and body drying, they were great!  Plus, even though I bought the Almond scented soap, my towels didn't smell really like anything other than just being fresh!

I liked this and am going to try experimenting with other castile laundry soap recipes from Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment