Monday, February 4, 2013

Wreath of the Month: Whimsical Cupcake Liner Indoor Wreath

My pin today comes from my Wreath pinboard.  It's a Whimsical Cupcake Linear Indoor Wreath.  It took just about an hour, my stupid accent took the longest time because I couldn't get it to work right, so it's optional.
Supplies:
8 inch foam wreath - from Dollar Tree (Hobby Lobby costs $5!)
100 cupcake liners
4-6 cupcake liners for accent
Do-dad for accent
Ribbon to wrap wreath and to hang
Glue gun and glue

First, wrap your wreath in ribbon.  I choose an outdoor ribbon, it was nice and wide and I got 25 yards for $5 at Wal-Mart.  I just overlapped the start and hot glued the end on the back of the wreath.

Second, take about 9 cupcake liners and bunch them together, it will look like a pompom or a carnation flower.

Third, make a blob of hot glue, smash your 9 cupcake liners in it, and hold it, until it sticks and is slightly cool.

Mine at 50 liners
Fourth, continue making liner pompoms all around the wreath, don't do your pompoms right next to each other, let them cool completely first, so leave a gap between them.

Fifth, now make smaller pompoms and fill in the gaps until you like it!

Sixth, make an accent of your choice, this took me the longest, and truthfully, I'm not satisfied with mine!

Seventh, attach ribbon to the back and hang!


3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make one of these. It turned out so cute!

    ~Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to get this made before I leave for The Big Easy!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete