Sunday, February 10, 2013

18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #2 Shampoo

Yesterday was the start of my 18 Uses for Castile Soap.  I figure it's best to go through all 18 in a row so I don't get sidetracked.

Today is shampoo day!  Yay!  I generally shampoo only every 2-3 days, my hair is long and has a grown out perm and takes too much time to deal with, plus living out in Utah dries out my hair considerably.  I am picky about my shampoo and conditioner, so when I read on my Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap pin that one of the 18 uses is shampoo, I cringed.  (I also saw it used for toothpaste, not looking forward to that one!)

Like with the Liquid Castile Laundry Soap recipe, there are a ton of concoctions on Pinterest.  I went on the companies website and the shampoo instructions were vague, "dilute and use".  Hmmm.  1/4 C. of soap washed an entire load of towels, so how much of this did I want on my hair?  Yes, it's all natural and biodegradable, but still.  So I guessed small, and made a 1:3 ratio of soap to water shampoo.

It looked like water and I poured the whole amount on my head at once, so's not to have any drip-age.  Smelled great, and lathered up nicely - not store bought nicely, but still nice.  The biggest difference came with rinsing it out, it rinsed out very quickly, I couldn't believe it.  Usually with shampoo you have to rinse out the lather for like a minute or two, but this took 15 seconds, maybe.  Time saving in the shower could be very useful...

After shampooing, I conditioned and styled my hair as usual and noticed no difference in how it behaved.

Reading on-line, many sites recommend using liquid castile soap for camping because you use it for everything from body to dishes without hurting the environment.  I will have to remember that for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment