Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Saturday, February 23 - U-Pick Orange Grove in Southern California

So, I grew up in Southern California, and I actually was there when orange groves were around.  My great grandfather and great-great grandfather were involved with the orange groves, lighting oil smudge-pots during frosts, packing oranges for the trains.  I was so excited that on this trip, I was able to take my family back to my hometown to pick oranges!  Papa, auntie, and my grandmother came and we had a blast!

On Pinterest, there wasn't any U-pick Southern California orange groves, so while my pin, U-Pick Orange Grove near DisneyWorld, Florida, is related, my activity source is original.  This is the link to all the information about the grove and the group that preserves the 1 1/2 acre ranch and home: laverneheritage.org.  $5 a bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment