Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Card, How to Keep Cut Flowers Fresh, and 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #7 Bathtime

Happy Valentine's Day!

Every year I *help* my daughters make a special card for their daddy to give to him for Valentine's day.  This year's card came from my Holiday Crafts pinboard.  The Sign Language "I love you" card was just right for a 3 year old with a 10 month old helper.  This was quick!    First, trace hands; second, cut them out.  Glue in place, then bend down and glue the middle and ring fingers to form "I love you" in sign.

My next pin comes from my Homemade or Natural Remedies pinboard, this one is really handy, especially on Valentine's day!  10 surprising uses of sugar: #1 keep cut flowers fresh was a much better alternative to the little packet of chemicals my lovely roses came with.  To keep cut flowers fresh: cut stems at an angle, remove leaves and damaged petals, add 3 teaspoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons white vinegar to vase, and use room temperature water.

And finally, continuing in my Liquid Castile Soap series, 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #7 Bathtime. I added 3 squirts of Dr. Bronner's soap into a warm tub for my two kiddos for a test.  It was a nice water softener and it didn't seem to have any negative effects while the splash war raged.  Impressed, but bubble bath is still king in the tub for both kiddos baths and mommy baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment