Saturday, February 16, 2013

Uses of Coconut Oil: Hair, Part One: Moisturizing Mask

I'm taking a quick break from 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses, I'm tired of cleaning.

I needed a little pampering after cleaning up after a little sickie.

My hair is long, super long for me - to my elbows.  I hate having to take care of it (not for much longer!), it's dry and damaged and gets caught on everything.  I have tried a few things by myself and haven't had very good success.  I one time tried a mayonnaise mask, but didn't realize that you need to shampoo after putting it in your hair, so I ran around with oily stinky hair for a day.  Ick.  So trying a Coconut Oil Hair Mask wasn't too exciting, but I found it wasn't nearly as bad as mayonnaise and my hair felt nice afterwards.

How to have a Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
On dry hair, massage in 2 handfuls of coconut oil into hair, starting at where you would put in a ponytail.  Leave in for at least 10 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment