Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mexican Stuffed Shells and 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses: #4 Shave Soap & #5 Tooth Soap

First pin, Mexican Stuffed Shells from my New Recipes to Try pinboard was a hit!  A great twist on a traditionally italian dish.  I found my filling just a tad too liquidly, so I adjusted the recipe.  Enjoy!



Mexican Stuffed Shells
Adapted from busy-at-home.com
       4 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
       1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
       6 green onions, diced
       2 whole bell peppers of your choice, diced
       3 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened (not melted)
       2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles (don’t drain)             
       1 tsp cumin
       1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
       1 cup of salsa
       large pasta shells, cooked al dente
1.           Cook pasta shells in well salted, boiling water until al dente
2.           To make the filling, mix diced chicken, drained black beans, green onions, diced peppers, and cumin in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly incorporate all the ingredients.
3.           In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and undrained tomatoes with chiles. When thoroughly combined, pour it over the chicken mixture and mix well. Spread 3/4 c. salsa in the bottom of a large baking pan. Reserve the final 1/4 cup, for later.
4.           Using a spoon, or your fingers, fill each of your cooked and cooled pasta shells, setting them into the salsa covered pan. Continue until all shells are filled and arranged in the pan.
5.           When the pan is full, drizzle the shells with the remaining 1/4 cup of salsa and then sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese.  Cover the baking pan tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

My other pins are continuing my 18 Liquid Castile Soap Uses.  I've done laundry soapshampoo, and body wash.  Today I tried using liquid castile soap for shave soap and tooth soap.  

For shaving, I only used 2 drops of soap per leg and it lathered up nicely and worked just like shaving with a bar of soap.  Whoohoo for shaving with soap.  I wouldn't recommend it unless you like shaving with soap, or are camping, or something like that.

For tooth soap I used barely a drop on my toothbrush and brushed as usual.  My teeth felt clean, but I have the almond soap and I couldn't get over the soap linger in my mouth, which lasted about 20 minutes.  My girlfriend Alexis recommends the peppermint soap if you have to brush your teeth with it.  I say, just chew gum or rinse with minty mouthwash afterwards.  After researching on-line, apparently many people with sensitive teeth use Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap for brushing their teeth since it doesn't have any abrasive ingredients.  I received a concern about the lack of fluoride if you use this soap over a long term period of time, never fear!  If you choose to use this soap for brushing your teeth and are using public works water in the US, you will still be getting enough fluoride on your teeth, and if you are very good and actually go to your dentist twice a year, you'll be in great shape!  Well water or water from countries other than the US don't necessarily have fluoride, but fluoride can be found in bottled water, if you are on a trip and this is the route you want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment