Monday, March 4, 2013

Cleaning a Glass Cooktop

My pin tonight comes from my For the Home pinboard, it's How to Clean a Glass Cooktop.  My photos didn't turn out as nicely as the articles, so to see the pics, please follow the link.  The articles instructions were a bit wordy and way too detailed, but don't worry, I got your back.

How to clean a glass cooktop, Kristin-style:

  1. Wash off your cooktop with hot soapy water and a dishcloth.
  2. Sprinkle wet cooktop with baking soda, no such thing as "too much".
  3. Let it sit a bit, like 5-10 minutes, or until the next commercial break.  Sometimes, I just leave the washcloth on top of the soda to save myself 5 seconds.
  4. Using a wet/damp washcloth gently rub cooktop with the baking soda paste in circles.
  5. You should be able to see the baking soda turn an icky color, the color depends on what mess you made.  Mine ranges from brown, to black, and every now and then, green.  That's how you know it's working.
  6. Wash off icky baking soda paste.
  7. Done!  Repeat if necessary.
I did this tonight, but I was lazy.  While spraying down my countertops with my Orange Vinegar Cleaner I sprayed my cooktop, and then sprinkled my baking soda.  After it was done fizzing, I used my countertop cleaning rag to scrub it up.  It works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment