Friday, March 1, 2013

Picking Clothes for Family Photos

This year Easter is a sneaky bugger and is coming up March 31st, way too early.  So family photos came up earlier - I get two guaranteed family photos with my Mister in them and I try to make them count.  While I love having my children in matching clothes, sometimes it's not possible, or I want to switch it up, and I don't think adults should match ever - it can be difficult to find a nice balance of coordinating colors and prints.  My pin is actually in two pinboards because I don't have a "photo" board, yet.  Color scheme choosing for Photoshoots is a great way to help achieve that perfect look for your tastes. Here are some examples of mine:


The three ways to choose clothes for family photos, as found in the pin link, are:
1. Color theme for the season: fall colors, spring pastels, loud and hot summer, and winter cool.
2. Pick 2 or 3 colors and have all items be in those color choices.
3. Choose a favorite item that has a pattern or a multi-color theme and match to it colorwise.

I switch between these 3 depending on the occasion, I don't like always having predictable family holiday cards, so #1 is less often used (last Christmas card the girlies had leopard print dresses with baby pink and fur boots!).  #3 was used in the top photo.  This was my professional shoot: not too "matchy-matchy" navy, coral, white, green (it's in the dress and shoes), and brown.  #2 was used in my casual family photo: pink/reds (orange) and blues with denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment