Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 6 - OZ movie review

Oz: The Great and Powerful movie!  I was really excited to see this on the big screen, I'm a big Wizard of Oz movie fan.  It was a very clever pre-quel to the classic Dorothy story, starting in black and white and then changing to vivid color screen.  I am normally not a James Franco fan, but he was realistic in his character of Oz.  The witches: Glinda, Evanora, and Theodora, all had spectacular looks, but Evanora was the best actress in her role.  Theodora was not as enjoyable to follow once she turned green and tried to talk and gesture dramatically at the same time.  And it's really mean, but I couldn't get over Glinda's sometimes lisp.  I definitely think that Disney will redo the classic Wizard of Oz film!

All in all, a great film!

No comments:

Post a Comment