Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 12th - Happy Birthday Baby! Minnie Mouse Cupcakes

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!  Love, love, LOVE you!  I know that when you're a teenager you'll hate that birthday headband, that's why I pull it out now when you can't even think about it while you eat your delicious cupcakes (3 total!).

We had a Minnie Mouse themed party, with Cherry Vanilla cupcakes.  Hobby Lobby had cute red with white polka dot cupcake liners.  I used Betty Crocker Cherry Chip and Betty Crocker Vanilla cake mixes and frosting, and frosted the opposite flavor cake - so vanilla cupcake with cherry frosting and cherry chip cupcake with vanilla frosting.  It was delicious!

I used large Oreos for the face and mini Oreos for the ears, and I recommend placing the Oreos immediately after frosting for better sticking and to twist your Oreos in half - the full Oreo on top of a cupcake was almost too much, almost.


CakeMate makes a pouch of Glitter Red squeezable frosting which was very easy for Minnie's hair bow.  Two dollops next to each other made a quick little heart.

I made mini cupcakes for the kiddos and have found them to be the perfect size.  Giving each kid a candle to blow out seems to be very helpful and a fun event for older kids that want to help!  I found the little Minnie Mouse figurine at Dollar Tree.





1 comment: