Friday, April 5, 2013

April 2 - Chocolate Dessert Popcorn

I used this basic recipe for Pretty Pink Popcorn to make a more adult version for my game night activity at church.  Instead of using white chocolate and food coloring, I used milk chocolate and stirred in candy bar pieces and marshmallows.  The only difficult part of this recipe is getting the popcorn, I don't own a popcorn machine and I couldn't find any microwave popcorn without added salt or butter.  My friend luckily had a popper we could use and this was a very quick and tasty treat perfect for game night!

Chocolate Dessert Popcorn
*adapted from erincooks.com

batch of popped popcorn
6-12 oz. chocolate (main coating for popcorn)
Additives: candies, sprinkles, dried fruit, food coloring, flavorings

Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted, stir after each interval.  If adding color or flavors, do now.
Coat popcorn in a large bowl, use a spoon or spatula.
Pour onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Drizzle a second chocolate or caramel, if desired.
Add candies, sprinkles, or dried fruit.
Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment