Friday, April 5, 2013

April 1 - How to get Blood out of Clothes, dried or fresh (ew!)

It's been 5 days since my last post, but I have been doing my one pin a day!  Our house has been kinda crazy lately and the following few posts will be a reflection of it.

Using my Laundry Stain Cheat Sheet I was able to get dried blood out of clothes, using spit.  Yes, spit. I was totally skeptical and a bit grossed out, but it worked!  I think that if the blood spot is large it would be best to use the salt soak or ammonia treatment, since it's hard, for me anyways, to work up that much spit!
Dried Blood Spot
After Spit and Finger Rub

**On a side note**
If your kid falls on their face and there is lots of blood, first cold water rinse and check for obvious problems: broken teeth, bites through lips or tongue,etc.  Next, use a cold compress, or cold wet washcloth to soothe the area.  If there is any one of the obvious problems, head to the closest ER while calling your pediatrician.  If there is a hole in the lips or tongue, ask for a pediatric oral surgeon at the ER.  For bonked or broken noses, nothing can really be done to help, unless it is now at a new angle or crushed flat.

Save yourself some panic the next time this happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment